- A rudimentary requirement when an application is deployed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) is to expose it to the Internet to get inbound traffic. When this is done it is also desirable to be able to perform certain tasks on that traffic depending on the type of application deployed. These tasks may include:
– Scrub the traffic by passing it through an advanced firewall to prevent attacks, distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate traffic, and mitigate external threats.
– Perform resilience operations such as rate limiting and timeouts to avoid overrunning the application.
– Direct traffic according to different rules to different applications or virtual functions such as load balancer and/or WAN optimizer.
– Perform encryption and authentication to ensure traffic confidentiality and integrity.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) Ingress Routing is a service that helps customers simplify the integration of network and security appliances within their network topology. Combining this with the ability of 128T Session Smart™ routers to provide tunnel-free routing, load balancing, WAN acceleration, traffic identification, and session policing allows customers to accomplish tasks that can really benefit their applications on AWS.
128 Technology customers who benefit commonly deploy applications on AWS and use 128T Session Smart™ routers for securely connecting their branches to the cloud over heterogeneous networks. The 128T Session Smart™ routers ensure selection of best paths to the cloud. Amazon VPC Ingress Routing allows them to route the entire incoming traffic to an advanced firewall before handing it to the 128T Session Smart™ router for decryption/authentication and load balancing. Alternatively, customers can intercept traffic utilizing the Amazon VPC Ingress Routing and segment the incoming traffic based on subnets and route them to 128T Session Smart™ routers which perform the remaining tasks. 128T Session Smart™ routers can perform session policing to ensure that the applications are not overwhelmed. They can redirect traffic based on server loads. In-built WAN acceleration ensures that the applications are running to their optimal performance.
The combination of the 128T Session Smart™ routers and Amazon VPC Ingress Routing provides customers with superior control, path selection, segmentation, rate limiting, confidentiality, and service chaining of incoming traffic.